Austria nutrition update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Austria nutrition update

Post by Butrasgali on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:36 am

Just a note to all the new crew doing Austria - most important on the day is nutrition, especially on the bike- make sure you keep drinking water or powerbar right up to the finish of the cycle- some people in Lanzarote 2 weeks ago didn't bother grabbing a bottle at the last feed station/ they paid the price on the run/ regards bs lol!

Butrasgali

Back to top Go down

Post by Darryl on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 pm

The Strawberry and Banana flavour gel has extra sodium so I'll be favoring this one on the run.
I have some salt tablets if anyone wants to try a few.I'll bring them with me tomorrow.

Darryl

Back to top Go down

Post by MDS on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:04 am

Thanks Slats, I’ll have to look into getting a back pack for my bike meals (breakfast, lunch and tea) lol!

While we’re talking nutrition/fluids, whats the best option for salt intake(stick ,tabs ect) and where to get some?

How many ltrs of fluid are ye planning on consuming p/hr and how much will be powerbar/water?

How many gels will/should you take p/hr before they have an adverse afect on the run?

MDS

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:57 am

I'd be suprised if there wasn't gels on the bike regardless of what it says on the website lads. They had gels & half bananas at all the stations in both zurich and regensberg

They also made changes to what they were giving out i regensberg and only told us during the race briefing - in a good way though, they gave out extra stuff

You're as well off carrying nearly enough stuff to get you through anyway - I ended up dropping half the bottles I tried to grab on the bike.

Think I carried 2 or 3 powerbars, a protein bar (for a change from powerbars!) and a few gels on the bike and that was more than enough

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveD on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:35 am

Never tried eating a sponge before tongue

DaveD

Back to top Go down

Post by Pio on Thu May 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Your right Mark a waste of time taking the other stuff. It looks like there is no gels on the bike course either. At this rate you would be better off carrying as much as you can just to be on the safe side.Evil or Very Mad

Pio

Back to top Go down

Austria nutrition update

Post by MDS on Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 pm

The nutrition for race day is now up on the website.

That was a waste of six months getting used to blood orange powerbar drink, which I rather got to like Sad

Mango and Vanilla Gel affraid affraid Lemon sports drink affraid affraid affraid

Bike Course Nutrition:
- Water
- Coke
- Bananas
- PowerBar IsoActive Sports Drink Lemon
- PowerBar Bars: Energize Mango and Vanilla

Run Course Nutrition:
- Water
- Coke
- PowerBar IsoActive Sports Drink Lemon
- PowerBar Bars: Energize Mango and Vanilla
- PowerBar Gels: Strawberry, Banana, Fruit Gel Lemon